Volunteering in Wellington
Volunteering is a great way to strengthen our community by supporting people or groups who may need a little hand, or contribute to a cause you may be passionate about.
Volunteering provides you with a chance to make new friends and learn new skills, gain experience or share your expertise.
Volunteering helps you to develop new skills, expand on your life and work experience, especially when formal work and education opportunities might be limited;
By volunteering, you can feel good knowing you helped transform lives and communities.
On this site you will be able to:
- Search for Volunteering Opportunities in Wellington Shire;
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer;
- Understand the organisations right and responsibilities to volunteers;
- See the variety of training available at no or low cost for Volunteers or Volunteer Program Mangers;
- Establishing a ‘Volunteering in Wellington Network – a forum for those with a common interest in volunteering to share ideas and resources, provide informal mentoring support, and learn what is happening in the volunteer sector locally and more broadly.